Sonntag, 3. Juni 2012

another step...

towards getting back on one's feet...

and again - astoundingly - there's no such thing as original feelings, i assume - just new words ...



I could blame it on the moon, for callin’ me out tonight
Maybe I’m just a little bit lonesome, baby,
Or maybe my head ain’t right.
And I could walk down to the station, see my reflection on the ground
Receding in the ripples, but I do not hear a sound.
I don’t hear a sound.

And well, the devil, she comes to me, says “Boy, you wanna go out tonight.”,
She’s got a 40 ounce hurricane in her left hand, and a .45 in her right.
And you’re dying just to touch her, but your heart just wants to scream,
So you pull her just a little bit closer and pretend it’s all just a dream,
It’s just a dream.

And oh and I ain’t the man I wanna be,
They call it freedom as you’re reachin’ for your chain.
And oh and I’m haunted by the memories
Of who I used to be, when I didn’t hate the rain,
Like I hate the rain.

I could blame it on the moon, for calling me out tonight
Maybe I’m just a little bit lonesome, baby,
Or maybe my head ain’t right.
And I ain’t trying to sing the blues, it’s bloody fingers and guitar strings,
These 12 bars is just a prison when there’s nothing else left to sing,
Nothing left to sing.

And oh and I ain’t the man I wanna be,
They call it freedom as you’re reachin’ for your chain.
And oh and I’m haunted by the memories
Of who I used to be, when I didn’t hate the rain,
Like I hate the rain.
I hate the rain.
Like I hate the rain.
I hate the rain.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen